Professional window cleaning in Greensboro, NC, offers property owners plenty of benefits. For instance, having clean, well-maintained windows can have a dramatic impact on your property’s curb appeal.
If that wasn’t enough, cleaning your windows can also do wonders for your property’s energy efficiency.
Continue reading to learn how the state of your windows can either harm or boost your property’s energy efficiency.
How Windows Affect a Property’s Energy Efficiency
Based on a U.S. Department of Energy study, your windows are responsible for 25-30% of your HVAC system’s heat losses and gains.
When you have dirty windows, less light enters your property. This reduces the space the sun can heat and increases your HVAC system’s workload. The more work your HVAC system has to do, the more energy it will consume.
As a result, you could find yourself dealing with unnecessarily high monthly energy bills.
Fortunately, you can resolve this by keeping the outside and inside of your windows clean. Removing the layer of dirt and dust that accumulates on window panes allows more light to penetrate your property. In turn, this reduces your HVAC system’s need for energy and, in turn, your monthly utility bills.
This principle also applies during the summer months.
For instance, when your building cools off at night, dirty windows can trap heat inside your home, forcing your HVAC system to work harder to cool your home.
Additional Ways To Boost Window Energy Efficiency
Besides opting for professional window cleaning in Greensboro, NC, you can employ other ways to improve window energy efficiency. Some of the measures you can put in place to further boost energy efficiency include:
- Caulking: Check to make sure your windows are properly sealed.
- Install insulated curtains: Installing high-quality, insulated curtains can help trap heat and prevent your home’s temperature from rising drastically during hot days.
- Upgrading: If your windows are old or in poor condition, upgrading them can go a long way toward boosting your property’s energy efficiency.
- Purchase “storm windows”: Installing Plexiglas or acrylic interior inserts will help you reduce air leakage.
- Clean the tracks: Pay close attention to your window’s tracks and moving parts. Getting rid of accumulated dirt and debris will enable you to close the windows snugly, preventing any air leaks.
Turn to Diamond Pro Wash for Quality Window Cleaning in Greensboro, NC
A build-up of dirt and smudges not only makes your home or business less inviting. It can also lower your building’s energy efficiency and shorten your HVAC system’s lifespan. As such, take the necessary steps to always keep your property’s windows’ interior and exterior clean.
Though this can be challenging to stay on top of, Diamond Pro Wash stands ready to help.
We have a team with the experience and specialized expertise needed to keep your windows shining all year round. Our fully insured team arrives armed with the best gear to effectively and safely clean your windows, delivering stunning results.
Contact Diamond Pro Wash at 336-891-2249 for quality window cleaning in Greensboro, NC.